If you guys have been following me for awhile, you know that I am a huge supporter of local businesses, especially those ran by women. Over the years, I’ve had the pleasure of working with some of the most talented boss babes in the area and highly encourage you to shop local and support them too! And while I absolutely think you should participate in small business Saturday, I don’t think you need a designated day to shop small, do it as much as you can! Below you’ll find some of my favorite women owned small businesses (with promo codes)!
- Mint + Major | I don’t even have words to express how much love I have for Melissa. She is one of the hardest working, down to earth, bomb @$$ business owners I know. I admired (and supported) her store for months and I had the honor of working with her on her holiday shoot this year (*swoon*). You can shop at her pop up at The Shops at Kenilworth or online (see someone familiar on her site?!)! Good luck to your self control, its gonna need it. Use code neverbeenso for 20% off!
- Brightside Boutique | I’ve been supporting Brightside Boutique for YEARS. Almost as long as I’ve been curating gift guides – 2017 throwback. I stumbled across Christie’s first store when I lived in Federal Hill in 2010. I constantly dropped in on pay day and spent all of my measly fresh out of college pay check. Since then I’ve had the pleasure of witnessing Christie turn her single baby into FOUR (doesn’t get more BOSS than that) all around the city – federal hill, fells point, Hamden and annapolis! She has the best original fashion, accessories, neutral dresses & faux fur coats (seen below)! Use code neverbeenso20 for 20% off your purchase!
- August + Mint | ICYMI, Alexis’ Etsy shop opened earlier this year! She hand makes her jewelry in Baltimore and describes it as ‘delicate, with a coastal disposition.’ Her pieces are b e a utiful! She sent me a few of her latest designs and I literally can’t stop wearing these and these! Use code TAKE10 for 10% off and free shipping through Christmas!
- Arrow Clothing | If you are looking for all the latest styles & perfect stocking stuffers, you have to head over to Amanda’s shop, Arrow Clothing! Personally, I’ll be wearing this leopard beanie all winter & keeping my life together with this key ring bracelet! Use code NBS15 for 15% off!
- Rachel Mulherin | This girl is a straight inspiration! She started her jewelry business in Baltimore and now lives it up in NYC, but don’t worry you can purchase online and the Four Seasons in Baltimore even sells her designs. Her annual Holy Glam Holiday Soiree is coming up the first week in December, so if you’re local, snag a ticket and meet the legend herself! & right now, she’s running 20% off with code blackfriday19!
- Poppy and Stella | I’ve been visiting super cute shop since what seems like forever! The owner Kelly kills the shoe game, like I die every time I walk in there. She has the cutest accessories and fashion too!
- Mango + Main | I had the pleasure of meeting Shannon and visiting her shop in Annapolis over the summer! You get this immediate sense of warmth and good vibes the minute you walk in. Not only are the decor and product cute, but since she is a fair trade shop, she includes stories of the people who make the goods she sells. If you want to feel good about a purchase, visit Mango + Main. Shannon is offering 10% off all bags with code NEVERBEENSO10!
I’m loving this little wristlet that is handmade right in Cusco because not only are they made with love, but Will and I had a blast in Peru and this little guy will bring back all those memories. And I love that each of these little pieces has a tag with the handwritten name of the artisan who worked on it.
- Here. A Pop Up Shop. | I got the chance to visit Ellen’s pop up during the Fall opening and I was amazed at how many artisans she fit into her space! You could literally do all of your holiday shopping in one spot! She will be open again the week of Black Friday through December 22! Conveniently, she’s located right down the street from Mango + Main, on Maryland Ave in Annapolis!
- Rasa Juice Shop | I worked with Lisa and did her three day juice cleanse before my last vacation! I felt SO good and the juices were incredible! Her shop ships all up and down the east coast and even has local delivery between Baltimore and DC! Also, located right on Maryland Ave!
- Whimsicality | You can pop into Whimsicality and literally find something for everyone! They have a ton of local flare and holiday spirit too! I mean literally everything from home decor, apparel, ornaments and more! They also carry some of my favorite brands, including Hobo Bags, Scout and Barefoot Dreams (the leopard poncho below is L I F E)! And just for you guys, they are giving you 15% off $100 with code ‘neverbeenso instagram’ and running some serious Black Friday and small business Saturday specials!
And have you ever seen a more ‘me’ ornament?! I present to you the Everything Bagel Seasoning Topped Avocado Toast ornament!
- Lilac Bijoux | I discovered this cute little boutique over the summer when they had their grand opening in their new location on Main St. downtown and instantly fell in love with their fashion forward designs! Fern has such a great eye! I mean, how cute are these wide leg crops!
Just a reminder, every time you shop small, a business owner does a happy dance! Think of how many happy dances you can be responsible for this holiday season!