Will this rain ever stop?! It’s been two full days of nothing but RAIN. And what’s worse is by the time I get home it’s dark, so there really is no getting me to do anything productive after work. All I want to do is Netflix & NOM.
This deep dish cookie allowed me to do just that and not feel totally bad about it. It’s so decadent and chocolatey and warm and even SOMEWHAT healthy! I was a bit skeptical when trying out this recipe from Chocolate Covered Katie because one of the main ingredients is beans. I’ve done the whole bean thing before and it was not a pleasant result, but Katie knows what she’s doing. NEVERBEENSO delicious!
Healthy Deep Dish Cookie Pie
2 cans white beans or garbanzos (drained and rinsed) (500g total, once drained)
1 cup quick oats
1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
3 tbsp oil (canola, veg, or coconut)
2 tsp pure vanilla extract
1/2 tsp baking soda
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 1/2 cups brown sugar
1 cup chocolate chips
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Blend everything (except the chips) very well in a good food processor (not a blender).
3. Mix in chips, and pour into an oiled pan (I used a 10-inch spring-form pan, but you can use a smaller pan if you want a really deep-dish pie.)
4. Bake for around 35-40 minutes. Let stand at least 10 minutes before removing from the pan.
5. Pair with milk and indulge!