Father’s Day is coming and you know what that means, you get to celebrate the wonderful men in your life, especially your dad (aka the hardest person to shop for)!
If your dad is an avid sportsman like mine, over the years you’ve probably exhausted him with every ounce of paraphernalia of every single one of his sports team’s and any type of sports equipment you could get your hands on. I’ve also gone the route of bringing him things to eat and drink (dad loves a cold beer). This year I took it to a new level and combined both of the ideas I’ve been using for the last 28 years!
I give you golf ball cake pops!
I tried a couple different cake recipes. I really wanted to somehow incorporate beer, but all of the cake recipes I found that included beer were basically inedible, IMO. Including a very basic cake pop recipe below.
One Little Project has a ton of different cake pop flavor variations.
Here are some tips for coating cake pops that I’ve found helpful.
Once your cake pops are beautiful. Grab an old slab of wood, drill a few holes and you’ve got the perfect presentation of tees on a course! [I’ve also found this is a great way to dry your cake pops].
Golf Ball Cake Pops
1 box white cake mix (and ingredients called for on the box)
1 jar white frosting
1 package Candiquik melting chocolate (or any other variation that works for you, but I swear by Candiquik) + 2 tablespoons of white chocolate
Cake pop molds and sticks
1. Prepare cake (9×13 or 2 rounds) as directed and let cool.
2. Add cake to bowl and crumble until it resembles fine crumbs.
3. Using your hands to incorporate, add frosting a little bit at a time until cake can be formed into a ball, yet slightly crumbly.
4. Freeze your balls for 20 minutes.
5. Melt the 2 TBSP of white chocolate and dip sticks into chocolate and into balls, place back in the freezer for 20 mins.
6. Melt the Candiquik according to directions and then cover each cake pop with the melted chocolate and place into the mold.
7. Let them harden for 10 minutes or so and place on your stand!